Senior Product Manager
Who are we?
Tempest (formerly known as Hip Sobriety) provides alcohol abuse treatment for the 46 million Americans who don’t identify as addicted. We are building the next generation of recovery care: a meticulously designed brand and media presence which positions sobriety as an aspirational lifestyle choice and an online educational platform to help achieve it.
The current product is an 8-week ed-tech/digital therapy/online community that is a blend of online resources and instructor-led online sessions. At this point, 1,400 participants have been through the beta course with a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of approximately 80. We are launching a multi-contributor editorial platform, The Temper, in late fall 2018.
We serve a customer currently ignored by the wellness, healthcare and recovery industries; deliver them to sobriety; and keep them engaged in an evolutionary pursuit at a fraction of the cost of traditional for profit treatment modalities. Tempest was founded in 2014 and is backed by Slow Ventures, Refactor, Female Founders Fund, and Red Light Management.
We’re looking for a senior product manager to develop, build, and execute the company-wide product roadmap. This person will masterfully coordinate across teams including marketing, design, operations, and engineering to build a scalable version of our working prototype. The right person will enter our fast-paced environment, quickly build strong relationships with the team, take the time to really understand our users, and develop and execute a plan. This is a full-time role based out of our New York headquarters.
Our product team at Tempest isn’t your standard design-product-eng setup. Because of our tech-enabled product, you will be leading a group of experts ranging from operations, design, curriculum development, engineering and marketing. Your role will be to leverage this group to build a thoughtful and engaging experience and platform for our users. The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of influential leadership, working cross functionally, and scoping technical education products.
- You’ll work alongside our operations, curriculum, design and engineering team to develop a product roadmap including defining requirements, refining features and finding new opportunities to drive business goals.
- You’ll be hands-on in executing the product plan, from prioritizing and grooming the backlog to tracking releases.
- You’ll be a master of focus, skillfully defining the MVPs to release incrementally, shipping early and often to test against real users.
- You’ll coordinate and communicate across teams to maintain product and strategy alignment, driving product clarity and strategy in partnership with the broader org.
Qualifications (Who You Are).
- You’re obsessed with the problem of addiction and committed to delivering better solutions for people dealing with substance abuse.
- You’ve shipped multiple consumer-facing products and have a strong bias to listening to the user and designing for them (working with learning management systems a plus).
- You’re a demonstrated and celebrated leader - someone whom your previous teams would love to work with again.
- You’re a hustler - you love the early-stage process of product development and enjoy owning the larger goal.
- You’re able to balance vision with details - taking business objectives and translating them into smaller pieces of work for your team to execute.
- You’re a great partner-in-crime - you can think at a strategic level as a co-conspirator and thought partner.
- You’re a senior hire with 5-6+ years of experience or equivalent experience. Previous early-stage startup experience is strongly preferred.
What we value and why you should join.
We’re a group of passionate and committed individuals determined to not only create a modern, feminist, inclusive, intersectional recovery modality but to also entirely upend the way our culture views alcohol—we are the anti-Rosé All Day. We have a scrappy, get it done upstart ethos. We believe in showing up no matter what, honesty at all costs, persistence, straight-talking, and risk-taking. We’re not looking for culture fits, we’re looking for individuals interested in building an entirely new culture. You should join if you want to make a difference in the world, and see our mission as the obvious way for you to do just that.
Email CV + LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.